Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Outdoor eating places in San Francisco

This is a map that I started back in November when it was winter, I really bored, and sick for a week. I was thinking how cool it would be to have a map showing all the places with outdoor patio seating in San Francisco and, ideally, the whole Bay Area (if possible). I didn't want places with sidewalk seating, though, because in my mind the whole allure of patio seating is that you feel like you're in this secluded, secret area that no one knows about unless they're back there. There might be tons of traffic and hustle-and-bustle outside but then you step in one of these places and it's like stepping into an temporary oasis. The only places with seating in front I've included are those that almost have the equivalent of patio seating but in front (Enrico's in North Beach for example). Anyway, enjoy and please let me know if you have any more additions!


View Larger Map

No comments: